Welcome Our Awesome New Summer Intern!
Deesha, an excellent student who is ready to tackle her Senior year in the Fall, has joined our staff as our Summer Intern. As a former AP Language writing student of mine and an avid reader in her free time, Deesha was looking for an opportunity to merge her love of lit and continue to practice her writing. Soooo I invited her to join our staff for the summer to help us write some blog content - content that is awesome and relevant and fun for all of our readers! Be sure to comment a HELLO on one of her posts if you get a chance. :)
If you could have dinner with one fictional character, who would it be and why?
- I would love to have dinner with Ash Redfern from Night World or Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. I would like to have dinner with Ash because he is not only my fictional crush but an amazing character who is willing to change for the better. He is willing to put his family's wishes and well being before his pride and ego. I would like to have dinner with Katniss because she is a female leader who knows the importance of sacrifice and is willing to stand up for what she believes in.
Favorite way to spend free time:
- reading books by L.J Smith or having a movie night with my parents.
- watching Netflix and crying because Nicklaus Mikelson from the Vampire Diaries isn't real.
Favorite ice cream flavor: Strawberry
What you want to study after high school: Biomedical Engineering or Nurse Practitioner
- "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years."
- "Work like you don't need the money, love like you have never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching."
- "Life is a progress, and not a station."
#intern #internship #writing #student #writingstudent #summerintern