So here is my Friday Five! Just a brief shout out to 5 things that are on my mind about this past week and my upcoming weekend. Here goes:
1. Okay, so we we STILL reeling from Ariel Winter’s Instagram/Twitter Post! WHAAAAAAAT!?! (For those of you who may not recognize her, Ariel plays Alex Dunphy on the HILARIOUS hit television show Modern Family!) One S’more Summer went from a ranking of about #520 in its category to #60! Yes, I said #60!!! That is crushing a Kindle Top 100 spot.
At the moment when this pic was taken, as you can see, it had 48,000 likes on Instagram and, by the time I am writing this post, it has almost 143,000. We are gratefull for the shout out and for the support. So freakin’ cool.
2. Next week’s Bahama Mama cover reveal! Mark your calendar’s everyone! Next Tuesday we will be releasing the cover art for Bahama Mama (Book 2 in Tricia Leedom’s Key West Escape Series)! Seriously, as much as I LOOOOVE Rum Runner’s cover, I think this one is EVEN better!
3. Oy, so this weekend, unfortunately is going to be chock full of WORK. So much work. Editing, lesson plans, some more editing, maybe some blogs, just generally working hard to get my life in order! And while I work, I love to listen to music, but I actually can’t listen to anything with lyrics while I edit or else I end up typing out the lyrics to all my favorite jams! So my FAVORITE music lately (and I have a feeling it will be the soundtrack to my weekend) is the Alexandre Desplat channel on Spotify (He’s composed a lot of film scores – including many of the Harry Potter films!) Give it a listen, you won’t be sorry!
4. Rita’s Water Ice is most definitely on the agenda. I seriously can’t stop thinking about it. Hmm… mango water ice and vanilla custard. ::cue drool:: I am planning a little field trip as soon as I finish just a little more editing. #SweetTreat #smallyetediblerewards
5. (Maybe) Beach bound? – If I DO get a chance to head to the beach sometime this weekend, I’d like to bring some non-editing material with me. Prob not gonna happen, but if I do, I’ve been eyeing my new copy of 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. I often dream about Europe and my next adventure abroad. And when I can’t physically get there, I go by way of great book. So this one has been calling my name, since my next European adventure is looking like it won’t be until next year. Waahh. Anyone have any books about living, traveling, eating abroad that might strike my fancy?! I’m always on the lookout for great suggestions. I just finished Paris for One by Jojo Moyes (it was deeeeeelightful!) and one of my ALL TIME FAVS is Just One Day by Gayle Foreman.
So that’s it – what are you guys up to for the weekend??